Last Update June 17, 2021
By browsing and using our web assets you agree to this policy governing your use of the said assets. If you do not accept this policy, you must not use our web assets.
What information do we collect?
The type of personal information we collect depends on how you are specifically interacting with us and which Services you are using. Generally, we collect the following categories of personal information:
- Contact Information: such as name, address, phone number, email address, and similar contact data.
- Organization and Contacts Information: such as your employer or organizations that you are a member of, information about your colleagues or those within your organization, your status with an organization and similar data.
- Account Information: such as security-related information (including user names and passwords, authentication methods, and roles), service-related information (including purchase history and account profiles), billing-related information (including payment, shipping, and billing information) and similar data.
- User Content: such as content of communications, suggestions, questions, comments, feedback and other information you send to us, that you provide to us when you contact us, or that you post on our Services (including information in alerts, folders, notes, and shares of content) and similar data.
- Device & Browser Information: such as network and connection information (including Internet Service Provider (ISP) and Internet Protocol (IP) addresses), device and browser identifiers and information (including device, application or browser type, version, plug-in type and version, operating system, user agent, language and time zone settings and other technical information), advertising identifiers, cookie identifiers and information and similar data.
- Usage Information and Browsing History: content interactions (including searches, views, downloads, prints, shares, streams, and display or playback details), and user journey history (including clickstreams and page navigation, URLs, timestamps, content viewed or searched for, page response times, page interaction information [such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs], and download errors), advertising interactions (including when and how you interact with marketing and advertising materials, click rates, purchases or next steps you may make after seeing an advertisement, and marketing preferences) and similar data.
- Location Data: such as the location of your device, and similar location data.
- Demographic Information: such as country, preferred language, age and date of birth, marriage status, gender, physical characteristics, personal or household/familial financial status and metrics, military status, and similar data.
- Your Image: such as still pictures, video, voice, and other similar data.
- Identity Information: such as government-issued identification information, social security numbers, other government-issued identifiers, and similar data.
- Financial Information: such as billing address, credit card information, billing contact details, and similar data.
- Social Media and Online Content: such as information in social media and online profiles, online posts, and similar data.
- Career, Education: and Employment Related Information, such as job preferences or interests, work performance and history, salary history, nationality and immigration status, demographic data, application information, professional licensure information and related compliance activities, accreditations and other accolades, education history (including schools attended, academic degrees or areas of study, academic performance, and rankings), and similar data.
Sources of Personal Data collection
The information we gather about you depends on the context. Mostly, it's information about you that can personally identify you - either on its own or when combined with other information.
We may collect personal information about our users in various ways. For example, we may collect information that you provide to us, information that we collect through your use of the Services, and information that we collect from publicly available sources or third parties.
We collect personal data during registration process when you sign up for a Khaleej Times Service (e.g., a subscription), we collect your contact information and account credentials. If you register for an event or conference, we might ask for additional information (e.g., your company name, your job title or your dietary restrictions).
We may collect personal information about you for billing purposes, to collect payments. This can include your name, your address, your telephone number, your email address, your credit or debit card information and any other relevant information.
We may collect User Content, such as content of communications, suggestions, questions, comments, feedback, and other information you send to us, that you provide to us when you contact us, or that you post on our Services (www.khaleejtimes.com).
We may collect your personal data like (name, email address phone number) from the events we organize and you are part of the event.
We may collect your personal data through partners and service providers who work with us in relation to our Services, companies that provide content or information to be used in our Services, and from public domain sources (e.g., sources available to the public and typically over the internet (e.g., websites available to the general public), available in or through widely distributed media, and from government databases, records, and system.
How do we use the personal information?
To Provide and Manage the Services You Request: This includes, for example, processing your subscription, sending you electronic newsletters, or enabling you to participate in the features provided by the Services. It also includes providing personalized content and recommendations to you, including by email. Through such features, we are able to bring you information and content tailored to your individual interests and needs.
To Contact You: We may periodically contact you with offers and information about the Services and our affiliates, including in connection with your accounts, online surveys, legal notices, news stories, new features that you are entitled to access, and other important information. You may opt out of receiving commercial email messages from us by following the instructions contained in those email messages.
To Better Understand Our Readers and Users: The Services conduct research on our users' demographics, interests and behavior based on the information we collect. We do this to better understand and serve our users, and to improve our Services.
Bug detection and error reporting: We use information to understand and resolve technical issues, app crashes and other issues being reported.
Audit consumer interactions on the Services: We use information to measure the placement, frequency, efficacy and compliance of advertising and ad impressions.
To Protect the Rights of the Services and others: We may use your personal information as we believe is necessary or appropriate to secure, protect, enforce, or defend the legal rights, privacy, safety, or property of the Services, its employees or agents, or other users and to comply with applicable law.
Consent: We may otherwise use your information with your consent or at your direction.
Sharing of Personal Information
We share personal information for the purposes set out in this Privacy Statement and with the following categories of recipients:
- The Galadari Brothers LLC Group: We may share your personal information amongst the companies within the Galadari Brothers LLC group of companies.
- Business Partners: We may share your personal information with our business partners to jointly offer, provide, deliver, analyze, administer, improve, and personalize products or services (including these Services) or to host events. We may also pass certain requests from you or your organization to these business providers.
- Third Party Content Providers: We may share your personal information with our third party content providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in providing, delivering, analyzing, administering, improving, and personalizing content that are delivered as part of our Services. We may also pass certain requests from you or your organization to these content providers.
- Social Media Services: We may work with certain third party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services.
- Third Party Service Providers: We may share your personal information with our third party service providers to perform tasks on our behalf and to assist us in offering, providing, delivering, analyzing, administering, improving, and personalizing our Services. For example, service providers who assist us in performing, delivering, or enhancing certain products and services related to our delivery and operation of our Services, who provide technical and/or customer support on our behalf, who provide application or software development and quality assurance, who provide tracking and reporting functions, research on user demographics, interests, and behavior, and other products or services. These third party service providers may also collect personal information about or from you in performing their services and/or functions on our Services. We may also pass certain requests from you or your organization to these third party service providers.
- Advertisers: We may share your personal information with advertisers, advertising exchanges, and marketing agencies that we engage for advertising services, to deliver advertising on some of our Services, and to assist us in advertising our brand and products and services. Those advertising services may also target advertisements on third party websites based on cookies or other information indicating previous interaction with us and/or our Services.
- In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Change of Control: We may transfer this Privacy Statement and your personal information to a third party entity that acquires or is merged with us as part of a merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control (such as the result of a bankruptcy proceeding).
- Other Disclosures: We may disclose your personal information to third parties if we reasonably believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law or regulation, to comply with or respond to a legal process or law enforcement or governmental request, to enforce our terms and conditions or other rights (including investigations of potential violations of our rights), to detect, prevent, or address fraud or security issues, or to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Khaleej Times, our users, or the public.
The Services are headquartered in the United Arab Emirates. Please be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of the Services may be collected in your country and subsequently transferred to the United Arab Emirates. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information.
Security of your Personal Information
We protect your personal information with a series of organizational, technological and physical safeguards - but we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We recommend that you use complex and unique passwords for your Khaleej Times accounts and for third-party accounts linked to them. Do not share your password with anyone. We do a thorough due diligence with our Vendors/3rd Parties before sharing your personal information to them.
If you have reason to believe your interaction with us is no longer secure, notify us immediately.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain personal information in accordance with our enterprise records retention schedule, which varies by Service, business function, record classes, and record types.
We calculate retention periods based upon and reserve the right to retain personal information for the periods that the personal information is needed to: (a) fulfill the purposes described in this Privacy Statement, (b) meet the timelines determined or recommended by regulators, professional bodies, or associations, (c) comply with applicable laws, legal holds, and other legal obligations (including contractual obligations), and (d) comply with your requests.
What are your Rights?
These rights differ based upon local data protection laws in your country, state, or territory, but these rights may include one or more of the following:
- Access to Personal Information: You may have the right to obtain confirmation from us that we process your personal information and, if so, you may have the right to request access to your personal information. Please note that, to the extent permitted by law, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs for the first or further copies of your personal information requested by you.
- Rectification: You may have the right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information concerning you and, depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete personal information completed.
- Erasure/Deletion: You may have the right to require us to erase some or all of the personal information concerning you.
- Restriction of Processing: You may have the right to require us to restrict the further processing your personal information. In such cases, the respective information will be marked as restricted, and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Object: You may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal information by us, and we may be required to no longer process some or all of your personal information.
- Data Portability: You may have the right to receive a copy of your personal information which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format, and you may have the right to transmit that personal information to another entity without hindrance from us.
- Withdraw Consent: You may have the right to withdraw consent you have provided to us where we rely solely on your consent to process your personal information. You can always provide your consent to us again at a later time.
How do I submit a request?
To make a request or exercise your rights, drop an email to email@example.com with you detailed request. We shall resolve it at the earliest.
Changing or accessing your information
Should your personal information change (e.g. your postcode), or if you no longer wish to receive newsletters or services you have signed up for, or if you wish to review or receive copies of the personal information we hold about you, or have any other queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org including full details of your request.
By continuing to browse or use our sites, you agree that we can store and access essential cookies and other tracking technologies as described in this policy.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that a website downloads onto your computer or other internet-enabled devices (such as mobile phones and tablets) when you visit a website. The cookie will help the website recognize your device the next time you visit.
Cookies can be used for a variety of purposes including remembering your preferences, measuring your activity, analyses the usage and optimizing your user experience.
Most cookies won't collect information that identifies you. Instead, they will collect more general information such as your general location or how you arrive at and use our websites.
What types of cookies do we use?
1. Essential cookies
These Cookies are necessary to allow us to operate our Sites so you may access them as you have requested. These Cookies, for example, let us recognize that you have created an account and have logged in/out to access Site content. They also include Cookies that enable us to remember your previous actions within the same browsing session and secure our Sites.
2. Analytical/Performance cookies
These Cookies are used by us or third-party service providers to analyze how the Sites are used and how they are performing. For example, these Cookies track what content are most frequently visited and from what locations our visitors come from. If you subscribe to a newsletter or otherwise register with the Sites, these Cookies may be correlated to you. These Cookies include, for example, Google Analytics cookies.
3. Functionality cookies
These Cookies let us operate the Sites in accordance with the choices you make. These Cookies permit us to "remember" you in-between visits. For instance, we will recognize your user name and remember how you customized the Sites and services, for example by adjusting text size, fonts, languages and other parts of web pages that are alterable, and provide you with the same customizations during future visits.
4. Targeting or Advertising Cookies
These cookies are used to deliver content that is more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to deliver targeted advertising or limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaigns on Khaleej Times and other websites. They remember that you have visited one of our web assests and this information is shared with other parties, including advertisers and our agencies. These cookies may also be linked to site functionality provided by third-parties.
Do these cookies collect personal data?
Most types of these cookies track consumers via their Device ID or IP address therefore they may collect personal data.
What choices do you have?
The saving of a cookie on a device is governed by user-defined settings of the browser the user choses to use. If you have accepted the saving of cookies through your browser, they will be integrated into the pages and content you have viewed and may be temporarily stored in a dedicated location on your device. They will only be readable by their issuer.
You may still choose at any time to delete or disable all or part of these cookies using your browser, with the exception of the First Party Cookies which are necessary for the Website to function. There are different options for refusing cookies, however refusing the cookies may impact the functioning of the service you request on our Website.
Khaleej Times welcomes your comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. For any questions or clarification please contact us at:
Al Quoz Industrial Area 1,
Dubai P.O. Box 11243,
Tel: +971 4 405 0847,